If you want to get involved and are thinking of volunteering why not try these ways of finding a volunteering opportunity that suits you?
- Visit your local volunteer centre - find details of your local one from the NCVO website
- Search online at do-it.org - this is a large, searchable database of volunteering opportunities
- Search the volunteer jobs at charityjob.co.uk
- Contact groups directly and ask - you can search the CommunitySpaceBook directory for local or national groups
- Go to an event. Many groups and organisations are running events this week to encourage and involve volunteers. One such group is Birmingham Voluntary Service Council who are running a volunteering fair on 4th June. If you're based near Birmingham then why not go along?
However you do it I'm sure there's something for everyone to get involved with and to start enjoying the benefits of volunteering.