Sound Bites is an independent ethical wholefood shop and not-for-profit workers co-op, specialising in a wide range of vegetarian, vegan foods and free from foods – many of which are Fairtrade and/or organic.
They began in 2005 to increase availability of ethical food and support positive social change in our local community.
Visit them at their shop in Derby or at their onlineshop to buy:
- Fresh seasonal organic fruit and vegetables
- Tonnes of alternatives to meat and dairy
- Cruelty free bodycare
- Eco-friendly household and cleaning
- Organic staples: flakes, grains, nuts, fruits and seeds
- Free from products – gluten, wheat, dairy, sugar
- Seasonal and holiday giftwares
- Snacks and treats
- Juices and drinks of all kinds
Sound Bites is more than just a shop! You can find out more about their aims and motivations on their website, but here are some of the things they do:
Offer an organic veg box home delivery scheme.
The Sound Bites Social Change library is now hosted by Yaffle Cafe above the shop. It’s been created to inform, engage and inspire.
The Nibbler is Sound Bites’ quarterly newsletter and contains updates on our progress, information about local groups and events, and articles on wider issues relating to food and sustainability.
Room for Hire While the cafe is not in use the room is available to hire for very reasonable rates, for small meetings.