Blog Archive by Month
This week is walk to school week and here on CommunitySpaceBook we're supporting anything that gets people out of their cars and into their walking shoes!
Did you know that walking can:
- Lift your mood - walking helps lift depression
- Help keep you slim - walking is a good form of exercise which is lower impact than running and therefore suitable gor most people
- Help you to destress by removing stress hormones from your body more quickly and helping you clear your mind
- Boost your bone strength as it is weight bearing exercise which helps you keep bone density
- Help your social life - yes you're more likely to meet and speak to people if you get out and walk
- Help the environment - no burning petrol or diesel for short journeys
- Be a lot cheaper as it's completely free!
This week (30 April - 6 May) is National Gardening Week. What better time than now on May Day to get outside and enjoy a garden?
On the National Gardening Week website there are some fantastic ideas for getting community organisations and charities involved this National Gardening Week, including:
- Get your group together and transform or clean-up an unused or neglected space in your area (with permission)
- If you have a garden or space, hold a garden party to celebrate the work you do. Invite your friends, neighbours and the community and show them how they can get involved